Our highlights on Friday
You haven't checked out yet what you to want to enjoy at the Reeperbahn Festival? No problem! Here are some ideas for a perfect festival Friday.
For conference guests:
IAO Industry Update, 10:00 a.m., Alte Liebe
- The International Artist Organisation delivers an update on its perspective on recent key themes in the music industry including artist feedback on Apple’s new music streaming service, next steps for copyright in the context of the review by the European Union and an examination of block chain technology as a potential solution to the music industry’s woes.
The New Art of Music Management, 10:15 a.m., Schmidt Theater
- With reference to data from a brief introductory presentation, a leading researcher in international music management and two professionals working in the field will discuss the following question with a professor of music management: What new potential is there for enabling musicians to meet the demands of the digital age?
Go West: Go Hollywood!, 11:00 a.m., Alte Liebe
- How to Get Your Music in a Hollywood Film Trailer or TV Series
Kuck auf mein Business, 2:00 p.m., Schmidt Theater
- On the marketing of success in German hip hop between selling product bundles, endorsing fitness products, and running shisha lounges.
For festival guests:
VETO Film Mixtape, 7:00 p.m., east Cinema
- This mixtape of films will give an insight into Hamburg’s contemporary film scene.
New Order in Conversation, 8:00 p.m., Gruenspan
- They will be answering questions on their new album Music Complete.
Emilie Nicolas, 9:30 p.m., Gruenspan
- Melancholic, urban sound to directly fall in love with.
Oddisee, 9:40 p.m., Mojo Club
- His lyrics are critical of society and deal with topics like inequality and poverty.
Chefboss, 10:30 p.m., Moondoo
- According to Buback, Chefboss will smash the German club-scene into pieces.
Cosmo Sheldrake, 10:30 p.m., Knust
- He is quirky, but a Briton without any weird hobbies would not be a real British man.
Ganz (live), 11:30 p.m., Moondoo
- The development of his own style of bass and beats.