International Music Journalism Award - Let's celebrate Music Journalism
The first ever International Music Journalism Award is to be awarded in 2017 at Reeperbahn Festival.
And we’re looking for award winners in the following categories:
1. Best Music Journalist of the Year
2. The Year’s Best Work of Music Journalism
3. New Perspective – Best Work of Music Journalism, Under 30 (German-language)
4. Best Music Business Journalist of the Year
Any works published between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017 may be submitted / recommended.
For the “New Perspective” awards, prize money in the amount of €2,500 will be awarded for the best works of music journalism by music journalists who were under the age of 30 at the time of publication.
Award winners in the categories “Music Journalist of the Year” and “The Year’s Best Work of Music Journalism” will be invited to Reeperbahn Festival where they’ll join other experts in the field to discuss the state of international music journalism.
Please email PDFs // links // suggestions to IMJA@reeperbahnfestival.com
Innovative media formats as well as more traditionally crafted texts; multimedia, radio, web-only and TV.
A highly qualified jury will then get to work evaluating the submissions and suggestions to determine the deserving winners. The jury includes the following members:
- Jennifer Beck (Music Journalist, Editor / Spex – Magazin für Popkultur, Die Epilog)
- Steve Blame (Author, Screenwriter, Format Developer and Host)
- Wolf Kampmann (Music Journalist, Author, Lecturer for Pop History and Journalism / HdPK Berlin)
- Melissa Perales (Consultant, Curator / Music Pool Berlin, Torstrassenfestival)
- Doreen Schimk (Director Promotion & Coordination / Warner Music Central Europe)
- Frank Spilker (Musician "Die Sterne", Author)
(Exception: Music Business Journalist of the Year – our delegates will decide the winner)
We look forward to receiving your suggestions and submissions!
Contact: IMJA@reeperbahnfestival.com Deadline: 30 June 2017