The State of Modern Classical Music
With its focus on the exchange between pop and classical, our platform The State of Modern Classical Music is back this year after a successful debut in 2016.
In cooperation with major companies in the field of classical music, including Bosworth Music, Bureau Export, Deutsche Grammophon, DMV, Neue Meister, Music Estonia, ProArte, Sony Classical, and Warner Classics, we’ve prepared a package of showcases, receptions, and sessions that presents a wide range of today’s classical music and addresses topics relevant to the genre.
- Radical music - Classical Music with Roman Knipping-Sorokin (Universität Hamburg) and Paul Bräuer (Classical:NEXT)
- Neo Classical: In Harmony or Out of Time? with Steve Abott (Harmonic Artists, GB), Alexandre Cazac (Infiné Music, FR), David McGinnis (Mute Songs, GB), Arash Safaian (Composer, DE – photo) and Alex Lavery (Pitch & Sync, GB)
- Hit the Score – New tendencies in current film scores with Christoph Becker (Constantin Music, DE), Karsten Fundal (Composer/Arranger, DK), Eun-Zi Kim (DCM, DE), Michael Ohst (Bosworth Music /Music Sales, DE), moderated by Annette Gentz (Annette Gentz Music Arts, DE)
- The State of Modern Classical Music with PC Nackt, Rahel Senn, Riopy, U: & ekke
- Neue Meister Piano Night with Damian Marhulets & Marina Baranova, Federico Albanese, John Kameel Farah, Kai Schumacher
- Yellow Lounge with Albrecht Mayer, Danish String Quartet, Mari Samuelsen & 12 Ensemble